Library Reminders during Renovation
Students of OSU-Mansfield and North Central State College,
As you probably know, The Bromfield Library and Information Commons is in the midst of a major renovation. With the start of a new semester, we wanted to take the time to remind students of a few policies that will be in place during this time.
- Faculty, Staff, and Students will not be allowed access to the library stacks during renovation.
- Items from the Bromfield Library collection will still be available, but you will need to plan in advance for any items you need from our collection. Library staff will only be allowed in the library once or twice a day to retrieve items. As such, all items from our collection will need to be requested AT LEAST 24 hours in advance via the online catalog.
- Items from other OSU libraries and OhioLINK affiliates will continue to take the standard 3-5 days to arrive.
- All requested items will be available for pickup in room B-230 during the libraries posted hours.
- Items that your instructors have requested to be held on closed reserve will also be available in room B-230 during posted hours. Most closed reserve items check out for 2 hours and must be used in one of the library’s temporary rooms on the second floor of Bromfield Hall. Please contact your instructor if you have any questions regarding course materials they have made available to you this way.
- The outdoor book drop is checked once per day, usually by 9 A.M. It is now located at the entrance in between Bromfield Hall and Conard.
We also have a computer lab and quiet study area set up in rooms B-232 and B-233, respectively.
We cannot stress enough how important it will be for you to plan ahead if you will be needing library materials for an assignment. There will be absolutely no exceptions to these policies.
If you have any questions, please contact me or stop into the library for further explanation.
Thanks for your patience during this renovation, and we look forward to unveiling the new facility in early 2014!
Temporary Library Locations:
Computer Lab: B-232
Quiet Study Area: B-233
Instructional Media Department and IT Help: B-214 and B-232
DVD/VHS Viewing: B-251
Mon-Thurs. 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Fri-8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.