Bromfield Library has some work study jobs available each semester. Job duties include helping library patrons, shelving books, pulling OhioLINK books to be sent to patrons across the state, creating library displays, and a lot of other interesting jobs.
Important things to know:
- You cannot work during times you are scheduled to be in class!
- You can only work a maximum of 20 hours a week during the term!
- You must be enrolled and have your fees paid for at last half time to work!
- You must work for the hours you are paid!
Federal Work-Study funds are limited. You have a limited amount of time to secure employment for FWS. Typically, awards are canceled for students who do not begin working prior to the end of autumn semester.
You must maintain at least half-time enrollment. If you graduate, withdraw, are dismissed from the university, or drop below half-time enrollment at any point in the term, you immediately cease to be eligible to work.
Working every semester in the library
Working one semester does not mean that you have a job the next semester.
In addition to enrollment requirements, there are some factors which determine employment following semesters:
- You must be available to work the hours that the library needs workers!
- You must have adequate FWS funding to work another semester!
- Your work ethic the previous semester will determine whether we consider you for employment!
To apply for a work-study library position, please come into the library and fill out an application.